It’s most likely that when you’re looking for a game in your Steam library, you might not be able to find the one which you had hidden a while ago.
Steam’s library gives you a list of all the games you’ve installed and have been playing since long, People tend to hide a few games which they don’t want to play at that moment.
If you’ve done the same or you’re anyway not able to find a game, this article can help you to locate your hidden steam games.
Along with exploring the question on how to check hidden games, I’ll also be sharing the method to hide a game from Steam’s library.
But, firstly let’s get started with exploring the ways to unhide your games:
How To Unhide Steam Games: Two Methods to View Hidden Games
Before you start looking at the methods I’ve shared, you must know that there are different versions of steam and any one of the methods that can apply in your case.
Method #1: (From Within Library)
Log in to your steam account and open your library tab.
from there follow the steps as below:
- Click on the “CATEGORY”. You’ll find it below the search bar at the upper left corner of your display.
- Click on the “GAMES” tab and you’ll see a drop-down list.
- Find and click on “Hidden” on this list.
Once you’ve located the hidden games in your steam account, follow the steps to make the game unhidden.
- Right-Click on the game from the ones listed on the screen.
- Next, click on the ‘Remove from Hidden’.
Method #2: (From the ‘VIEW’ Tab)
If you’ve updated the version of steam, you can locate your hidden games directly from the view tab.
Follow the steps as under:
- Click on the “View” and it will drop down a list of different options, click on the “Hidden Games” from the list.
Doing this, all of your hidden games will be displayed.
You can follow the below steps to unhide any of them.
- Right-click on the game in the list
- Click on the “Manage”
- Click on “Remove from Hidden”. (in some cases, you may find an exact option as Unhide this game).
Method #3: (Search the Game by ‘Name’)
You can guess from the title that this method is about searching the game by name. So, it will be applicable only if you know the name of the game you want to unhide.
Let’s walk you through the method’s steps:
- Login to your account and head over to “LIBRARY”. (By Clicking on that tab of course).
- Write the name of the game in the search box on the window. (Above the search bar, you must select “GAMES” from the menu)
- Click on the Plus sign shown along the left side of the “Hidden”.
Following the steps above, you should be able to see the game you’re looking for.
From there, you can simply unhide the game following the methods I’ve already shared above.
How to Hide Steam Games In Profile, Chat, or Library
Sometimes you may want to hide games in your steam account from your friends and family as by-default, they can see all of your games.
When not hidden, your games are normally public, and hiding them will not only make your games invisible to others while it also reduces the clutter.
- Another reason can be as you might want to keep your guilty pleasure all private.
- For all these right reasons, I’ve explained a few methods to hide your steam game activities.
- So keep on with me as I explain them one by one.
- Log in to your steam account and click on the “LIBRARY” tab.
- Right-click on the game you want to hide and then click on “Set Categories”. New Window will open.
- On this window, find and check on “Hide this game in my library”.
- In the last step click on the “OK” at the right bottom of the window.
- Log in to your steam account and click on the “LIBRARY” tab.
- Right-click on your game and then click on the “Manage” from the options.
- Next, click on the “Hide this game”.
Hiding Steam Games from Your Friends and Other Accounts and Family Hiding Games from Steam Profile.
When you’ve not hidden your games, these are normally set to be viewed as public. You can choose to hide them from your friends or family or simply make them private.
In private mode, only you will be able to find and play those games.
So, you can follow the below steps and can either make them Friends Only or Private as per your requirement.
- When you log in to your steam account, you’ll find your profile name at the top-right corner of the window. Click on it and then click on “View my profile” from the dropdown list.
- Next, click on “Edit Profile”.
Here you’ll find “My Privacy Settings” in the Edit menu.
Further, find and click on “Game Details”. This will open another drop-down list.
Here, you’ll see three options. Click on the “Friends Only” or “Private” depending on what you want.
If you’ll make it “Private”, your games and steam activities will be hidden from your friends and family, They won’t be able to find your games anywhere.
Hide Games From Steam Chat-Make Your Steam Game Activity Invisible, This method will help you hide the games you’re currently playing.
It actually makes your account indivisible for anyone else hence they’ll no longer be able to see your activity through your steam chat.
This method also doesn’t hide your other profile activity. I mean the games you’ve been playing in the past will still be visible
in your steam library. So, it particularly keeps your current gaming activity hidden from your friends.
Step by step method is as under:
1. Click on “Friends and Chat”
2. Click on your “Username”
3. Select the option as “Offline” or “Invisible”
What Is The Difference Between Hiding And Removing Steam Games
Hiding is temporary while removing is permanent. By hiding your game, it simply goes off from direct visibility in your library while you can still play it as and whenever you want.
To play your hidden games, you can locate or unhide them by following any of the methods I’ve explained in this article.
Removing a game from your steam library is simply like deleting it and you’ll be required to re-purchase and install the game to play it again.
Some people might have the misconception that steam can remove games from your library on its own but that’s not true.
You need to follow a process to remove any game from your steam library.
Let’s explore these methods.
How To Remove Steam Games From Profile-Library?
Before explaining the steps to follow, I’ll make it clear that you need to completely uninstall your game from your PC or MAC (Whichever system you’re using) systems and then head over to your steam account to delete the game from there.
If you don’t do that, you might find problems in uninstalling games from your computer system.
Let’s now get going with the method:
Method #1: Deleting games from your steam account using Steam Support Option
- Click on the “Help” tab.
- Click on “Steam Support” from the dropdown list.
- On the next opened page, click on the “Games, Software, etc”.
- Locate the game you want to delete. You can also use the search bar to find it if you know the name of the game. Click on the game from the list then:
- On the next page/window, click on “I want to permanently remove this game from my account”.
- Finally, click on “OK, remove the listed games from my account permanently”.
If you’ve made a group buy, this method will remove all of the games bought in that bundle, All of your games will be permanently deleted.
Method #2: Removing Games From Steam Library
- Log into your steam account.
- Click on the “LIBRARY” tab.
- Right-click on the game you want to remove and select the “Manage” option.
- Next, click on the “Remove from Account” option.
Finally, a prompt warning dialogue box will open where you need to click on “Remove” to confirm that you want to delete the game permanently.
This method doesn’t apply to all games. You’ll only be able to remove ‘Free-to-Play’ games while the ones you’ve paid will not have this option.
Similar Articles :
- Fix PUBG FPS Drop Issue
- Fix Origin Stuck on Resuming Download
- Escape from Tarkov Interchange Map Guide
I’ve tried to share all of the methods which can possibly apply to any version of the steam account you have. So, you can simply go through each of them and apply whichever is applicable for your case. You’ll surely find one for you.
If you’ve found this information useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends. You can also share if you want us to help you solve any other relevant problem.