VIZIO SmartCast is a revolutionary feature that allows you to redefine your understanding of streaming and app synchronization.
It makes it possible for you to cast your favorite application, camera shots, and videos from your smartphone or tablet onto your TV screens.
One can never deny the usefulness of this feature. However, the “SmartCast TV not available” or the “SmartCast app not working” errors are simply annoying.
To help you cope well with this situation, I am going to share a few tried and tested solutions to this problem.
But you must first find out the possible reasons behind this failure.
Why Your Vizio SmartCast TV Application is Not Working?
There are several different reasons behind an error message that pops up on your screen.
Some of the most common ones are listed below. Have a look at them to identify the problem that you need to solve.
- The host device is not connected to a working internet connection.
- Your casting cache has no more space to process requests.
- Your device is stuffed up with a number of unused apps.
- The app is facing some server-related issues.
Once you have sensibly identified the issue, you are supposed to find a workable solution to it.
Keep reading; almost all possible solutions are listed in the next section of this article.
7 Methods to Fix the “SmartCast TV not available” Error
Like every other world problem, this technical issue also has many workable solutions to it.
The 7 most effective ones are stated here along with their details.
Carefully and attentively go through them to get to know which one will work the best for you.
1. Fix Internet Connectivity: Check Your Internet Or Connect to Another Network
Findings reveal that most users somehow forget to connect their device to a working internet connection. This leads to a network error that ultimately lands them in a state of chaos.
Save yourself and never forget to see if your device is connected to a working network.
This step is a prerequisite to implementing other possible solutions to this problem.
2. Soft Power Cycle Solution: Restart Your Vizio SmartCast App or Your Host Device (TV)
If your Vizio TV menu is not working, then the only suggested solution is to restart your TV first.
It will clear the useless data making it possible for the TV to process your request.
A step-by-step guide to this solution is as follows:
- Press the “Menu” button on the TV remote
- Choose “Reset & Admin”
- Then opt for the “Soft Power Cycle”
- Switch off your router simultaneously
- Turn on both devices at the same time and see if the issue has been resolved.
Sometimes restarting the host device becomes mandatory, especially when a black screen or a ‘remote not working’ message appears on the SmartCast home screen.
For this, simply press its power button for a few seconds and select the restart option that appears on your screen.
It works in most cases. If it does not work, you can try the next method in our list.
3. Refresh DHCP Settings of Your Network
Unresponsive DHCP modules may also be the possible cause of the “SmartCast TV not available” error.
This module works to assign a different IP address to each device and thus prevents connectivity issues.
Try refreshing the DHCP settings once to see if it fixes the error.
An easy way to do this is to follow the following steps correctly :
- Turn your TV off.
- Launch your browser and open the router’s URL
- Enter your Login details
- Now look for the DHCP Settings in Setup or Advanced
- Click ‘Enabled‘ or if it is already enabled; disable and re-enable it.
- Save your settings before you exit the window.
- Now turn your TV on to see if the problem still persists.
- If it does, choose the Google DNS option in your router settings tab.
4. Clear the Cache Memory
Another good method is to clear the cache memory of the SmartCast app, followed by a restart.
For this, you may need to follow the following easy and simple steps.
- Go to Settings
- Search for Applications
- Click Vizio SmartCast App
- Go to its Storage Settings
- Clear its cache memory
You may also clear the device’s cache memory by clicking the ‘clean now‘ button of the storage option of the built-in device maintenance feature.
5. Update SmartCast App’s Firmware
SmartCast app firmware features constant updates. Therefore, always update your firmware as soon as the new update arrives.
In order to do this, you will just have to follow a few simple steps:
- Go to Settings
- Check for Updates
- Install Updates
- Restart the TV, Router, and Host hardware
- If the issue still persists, the Factory Reset the SmartCast app.
6. Factory Reset Vizio SmartCast App TV
A factory reset can surely settle everything and anything that can possibly cause the problem.
It is not even a tricky process at all. All steps are provided right here. Follow them and say bye to this error within minutes.
- Open the app and choose the device that needs a factory reset.
- A settings option appears on the right side of the selected device. Select the system
- From there, go to Reset and Admin
- Click Factory Reset and tap YES
- Once the process completes, go to the first time setup window and click ‘set-up a new device‘
- Follow the instructions and use the app again to see if the error has been fixed or not.
7. Contact Support
When none of the listed solutions work, the only option is to contact SmartCast support, but before that check out their official recommendations for this particular problem.
You may also uninstall and then reinstall the app to see if this works.
Sensibly implement the provided solutions by keeping in view the nature of the issue that you are facing.
If this article has helped you fix the “SmartCast TV not available error,” do not forget to share this guide with your friends who are facing this similar problem.