Nowadays, many users complain about bcm20702a0 driver error when they login into their Windows OS, This problem is annoying and most users with updated window versions especially Windows 10 are likely to face it.
So in case you’re facing the same issue, you can try fixing the bcm20702a0 error by implementing different solutions, But before that, if you don’t already know, let me share:
What is Broadcom BCM2070a0 Driver Error and why it’s causing you problems?
Almost every laptop/pc has a Bluetooth adapter that operates with a bcm20702a0 driver. If that driver becomes problematic, you’ll not be able to use your system’s Bluetooth services.
And to know the solution to fix and apply that, you may need to explore why that problem is even existing on your system.
Why Bluetooth Driver Doesn’t Work: Causes and Symptoms of BCM20702A0 Driver Error
Talking generally, this error mainly occurs when there are problems with your Bluetooth Connection or your Network Related Drivers.
These might be as:
- Bluetooth Broadcom bcm20702a0 driver is unavailable or isn’t installed.
- The driver you’ve installed (or your system already has it installed) is not compatible with your system.
- Your Broadcom Bluetooth driver files are corrupt, missing, or damaged.
- Faulty installation of Bluetooth driver.
- OS System/Window’s file’s wrong settings
- Any software on your windows might be restricting your driver’s installation
- Keep on reading further to know, how to check and try the possible fixes keeping in view the above-mentioned causes.
Simple Working Solutions: How to Fix Bluetooth Broadcom BCM20702A0 Driver Error
Fixing this problem can be extremely easy once you’ve figured out where the problem is.
And you can start with the most probable and move on to the fewer priority issues.
Accordingly, I’ve listed some solutions while there is no perfect one, so let’s explore each option we have.
Solution # 01: Bluetooth Troubleshoot – Fix Any Connection and Network Driver Configuration Issues
Most of the users have shared that their problem got fixed by running Bluetooth troubleshoot.
It applies correctly if your Broadcom driver is already installed and there is some issue with your network driver.
Here are the steps you can follow to apply this solution:
- Press the ‘Window’s Key + R’ keys, both at the same time to open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Write ‘ms-settings: troubleshoot’ in the editable section and press ‘Enter’ or click ‘Ok’
- On the newly opened window, move to the ‘Troubleshooting’ tab.
- Scroll down to locate ‘Find and fix other problems’
- Click on ‘Bluetooth’
- Click on ‘Run the troubleshooter’.
- Click on Apply this fix, after it completes the scan and suggests any considerable fixing option.
Once you’ve completed all the above steps, you can check to confirm either issue has been resolved or not.
It will most probably do the job while in a later case, moving on to the next solution in our list.
Solution # 02: Deactivate and Re-Activate Airplane Mode
This method also works to fix any connection-related issues. If your window’s Airplane Mode is on, it can cause a bcm20702a0 error to appear on your screen.
Follow the below methods to access settings of airplane mode and try to turn it ‘on’ and ‘off’.
Make sure to end this process with Airplane mode turned off.
Method to access airplane mode settings:
- Enter ‘Airplane’ in Window’s search bar
- Click on ‘Airplane mode’ when your search shows results. (as in below screenshots)
- The new setting’s window will open up. Here you need to click on the ‘On’ and ‘Off’ toggle buttons to complete this method.
An alternate method to access airplane mode settings:
- Click on the ‘notification’ in the lower right corner of your system.
- A new bar will open where you need to click on ‘Expand’
- Then you’ll see, ‘Airplane mode. Toggle the clicks on that icon and make sure to turn it off.
- Check if the error still exists and move on to try the next solution.
Solution # 03: Update Your Broadcom Bluetooth Driver By Automatic Download and Installation
If you’ll keep your window’s drivers updated, you’ll hardly face any issues. The same is the case with your Broadcom driver error which might possibly be due to your outdated Bluetooth driver.
For this, you need to access your Bluetooth driver through Device Manager.
You can follow the steps given below to access the Broadcom bcm20702a0 driver and apply the automatic updates.
- Type ‘Device Manager’ in the windows search bar and click on its icon to open it.
- Click on ‘Bluetooth’ or ‘Network Adapter’ to expand their drivers installed on your system.
- Right-click on Bluetooth related items and click ‘Update driver’
- Another window will pop up where you need to click ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
Let the window work on it and finish updating your driver automatically. Your OS will check for any updated version of the driver available and install it automatically.
Move to explore the next method, if your issue still persists.
Solution #04: Manual Installation of Bluetooth Broadcom Driver
In case, you’re not finding your Broadcom bcm20702a0 driver is unavailable, or you’re unable to install the driver due to compatibility issues, you may need to try manual download and installation.
For that, your first option is to find your system’s compatible driver from the internet. You can do that simply by searching on google for the model/brand of your laptop and window’s version.
Or you can simply download the below-provided driver installation setup file and try to solve the issue, as suggested on the official HP forum.
It is always recommended to download the drivers from the official website of your laptop’s manufacturer.
Once you’ve downloaded the latest version, you can follow the below steps to install it manually.
- Right-click on the ‘.exe’ setup file from where you’ve saved downloaded driver files.
- Click on the ‘Run as administrator.
- It will ask for the administrative privilege through ‘UAC (User Account Control)’, here you need to click ‘Yes’ to allow and initiate the installation process.
- Now you’ll be on the installation window, follow the processes it asks for to complete the installation.
Once the installation gets completed, restart your computer system.
Our next fix to resolve your error message is in the list if this process doesn’t get the job done for you.
Solution # 05: Uninstalling-Reinstalling Bluetooth and USB controller (Auto-Download)
If you’re using separate hardware such as a USB dongle, you may need to uninstall all Bluetooth and USB controller drivers and reinstall them to fix the bcm20702a0 error.
Let’s go through the steps to do that :
- Open the ‘Device Manager’ by searching it (as in Solution 03)
- Here when you’ll right-click on the drivers, you need to click on ‘Uninstall device’
- Uninstall all the drivers
- Now, from the device manager, again right-click on USB and Bluetooth icons and start installing each driver one by one.
- You can either click ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ or try manually installing your drivers if you’ve already downloaded and saved them in your hard drive.
Solution # 06: Check Services of Bluetooth
- First of all type services.msc in the windows search bar and run it as administrator.
Look for the listed Bluetooth services.
- After that check the service status of each Bluetooth service, and make sure it’s working.
- In case the service status is “stopped” then click on start to resolve the issue.
Mostly, by applying any of the above solutions, you’ll be able to fix your problem.
But there are very minor chances that the error will be there even after you’ve tried and failed each solution we’ve shared above.
Only, in that case, there can be a problem with your Bluetooth adapter hardware or your window’s OS. In case, your window is problematic, you can consider reinstalling it and your issue will be fixed.
Otherwise, you may need to contact an IT tech person, Hope my today’s guide was helpful.